The material contained in this information sheet is not comprehensive in nature. If you are running for office, it is your responsibility to become acquainted with relevant Florida election laws that might have a bearing on your campaign or qualifications to run for office.
CLEARWATER CAY COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT
NOON, June 8, 2020 -
NOON, June 12, 2020
Pre-qualifying papers may be accepted beginning May 26, 2020
Supervisor of Elections
13001 Starkey Rd.
Largo, FL 33773
TYPE OF ELECTION: Nonpartisan - Elected At Large
TERM OF OFFICE: 4 Years - Beginning November 2020
ELECTION DATE: General Election - November 3, 2020
· A registered Florida voter. [F.S. 99.021]
· Must be a qualified elector of the district at the time he or she qualifies and continually throughout his or her term.
FORMS REQUIRED TO QUALIFY FOR THIS OFFICE
1. Form DS-DE 9 (Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository) OR *Affidavit of Intention Form
Candidate must file a Form DS-DE 9 before opening a campaign account [F.S. 106.021]
*Florida Statute 99.061(3) - Special District Candidates have the option not to open a campaign account and not to appoint a campaign treasurer if the candidate does not collect contributions and the only expense is the qualifying fee or petition signature verification fee.
2. Form DS-DE 84 (Statement of Candidate)
Candidate must file within ten (10) days after filing Form DS-DE 9 [F.S. 106.023]
3. Form DS-DE 302NP (Candidate Oath - Nonpartisan Office)
Candidate must file during the Pre-Qualifying or Qualifying Period [F.S. 99.021]
4. Form 1 2019 (Statement of Financial Interests)
Candidate must file during the Pre-Qualifying or Qualifying Period [F.S. 99.061(5)]
Candidate qualifying forms can be found at www.VotePinellas.com/Candidates
CANDIDATE QUALIFYING METHODS
Qualifying Period: NOON, June 8, 2020 - NOON, June 12, 2020
· Please call (727) 464-4987 to make an appointment to file your qualifying documents
· Pre-qualifying papers can be accepted beginning May 26, 2020*
* Florida Statute 99.061(8) states that qualifying papers may be submitted to the qualifying officer up to 14 days prior to the qualifying period. However, the papers will not be processed and filed until the qualifying period actually begins. All papers submitted before the qualifying period are still subject to any and all requirements prescribed in Florida Statute 99.061(7)(a).
SPECIAL DISTRICT CANDIDATE QUALIFYING BY FEE [F.S. 99.061(3)]
· $25.00 (Check made payable to Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections)
· Check to pay qualifying fee can only be accepted during the Pre-Qualifying or Qualifying Period
SPECIAL DISTRICT CANDIDATE QUALIFYING BY PETITION [F.S. 99.095(2)(b)]
· Deadline to submit petitions: PRIOR to NOON, May 11, 2020
· 25 valid signatures of registered voters residing in the district
· Petition Form - DS-DE 104 and additional petition information can be found on our Candidate Petition Page
· Signature verification fee of $0.10 per petition must be paid when petitions are submitted
Write-In Candidates [F.S. 99.061(4)(b)]
· Names of write-in candidates do not appear on the ballot
Clearwater Cay Community Development District Contact Information
· District Manager: Cal Teague (CTeague@cddmanagement.com)
· Phone: (239) 690-7100 ext. 101
· Corporate Office Address: 3820 Colonial Blvd., Suite 101, Fort Myers, FL 33966
Missing or Incomplete Information [F.S. 99.061(7)]
· If the filing officer receives qualifying papers during the qualifying period which do not include all items required prior to the last day of qualifying, the filing officer shall make a reasonable effort to notify the candidate of the missing or incomplete items and shall inform the candidate that all required items must be received by the close of qualifying.
· A candidate’s name as it is to appear on the ballot may not be changed after the end of qualifying. The filing officer performs a ministerial function in reviewing qualifying papers. In determining whether a candidate is qualified, the filing officer shall review the qualifying papers to determine whether all items required have been properly filed and whether each item is complete on its face, including whether items that must be verified have been properly verified pursuant to F.S. 92.525(1)(a). The filing officer may not determine whether the contents of the qualifying papers are accurate.