Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections
Deborah Clark joined the Elections office in 1978 and served as Deputy Administrator from 1982 through June 2000.
In June 2000, Governor Jeb Bush appointed Deborah Clark Supervisor of Elections to complete the unexpired term of Dorothy Ruggles.
She was elected to a four-year term in 2000 and re-elected in 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016.
She is committed to conducting fair, accurate and secure elections for Pinellas County.
Deborah received her official designation as a Certified Elections and Registration Administrator (CERA) from The Election Center in 2005. She was among the first 300 elections officials nationwide to achieve this status.
She is very active in the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections (FSASE) and currently serves on its Board of Directors and as Vice Chair of the Administrative Rules Committee. She has also served in the following positions: Get Out the Vote Committee Chair; Canvassing Board Committee Co-chair; Scholarship Committee Co-chair; Training/Education Committee Co-chair; and member of the Legislative Committee, Budget Committee, Vision Committee, Bylaws and Rules Committee, Communication and Publications Committee, Rules Development Committee, Reapportionment Committee, and Reapportionment Ad Hoc Committee.
Her other public and volunteer service includes:
- Certified Elections Professional Committee, The Election Center, 2009-2010
- Pinellas Federal Credit Union, current Board Member, past Chairman/Secretary
- Suncoast Tiger Bay, Member
- United Way, Pinellas County Government Chairman, 2000 & 2003; Allocations Panel; Keel Club Member
- Morton Plant Foundation and Arbor Vitae Society
- Florida Institute of Government, Florida State University, Instructor of Election Administration classes for new municipal clerks
To request a speaker for your organization, please contact the Communications Department at (727) 464-4988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide the preferred date, topic, location, audience and contact information.