If you are already registered to vote in Florida, it is important to keep your name, residential address, mailing address, party affiliation, and signature up to date. Your current residential address determines the issues and candidates that will be on your ballot. You may also include a different mailing address for use when sending elections-related materials, including your vote-by-mail ballot, if you request one.
- Residential & mailing address changes can be made by including your name, date of birth, Driver’s License number/FL ID number, last 4 digits of your Social security number, and new address to the following:
- Vote-by-mail ballot address – If the address for your ballot is different from the address in your voter record, a signed written request is required.
Name Change or Party Change
- Complete a new Voter Registration Application online or mail an application with your change of name and/or political party to the Supervisor of Elections Office.
Party changes may be requested at any time. Party changes requested less than 29 days prior to a primary election will become valid after that election. (Effective January 1, 2009, party changes requested during the 29-day period will become valid immediately, except for upcoming elections to nominate a political party nominee, in which case the update or change shall be permitted only for the purpose of subsequent elections.)
Voter Information Cards
When you register to vote or update your voter registration record (e.g., change to your address, name, or political party), you will receive a new or updated voter information card. Review the card to make sure all information is correct. Keep the card with you as the card lists important information about your registration record and where to vote. The card includes your party affiliation, assigned precinct and polling place, and your assigned district offices (local, state, and federal). To request a replacement card:
- Complete a Voter Registration Application.
- Send a signed, written request including your name, date of birth, and current residence address.
Questions? Call (727) 464-VOTE (8683).